Monday, October 24, 2005

First Day in Office


Model of Roppongi Hills
Well here comes Monday and my very first day at work in Tokyo n was I excited??? Well honestly I refused to wake up! Seriously! After sleeping at 3 in the night getting up at 8 was absolutely crazy! And Salini is no better; its really tough out here to get out of the warm bed in the cold weather! But finally we left for office! On the way we went to the Ward office to get my ARC (Alien registration card) done. That is wat each foreigner out here has to do. Ya indeed I m n FOREIGNER… sounds so bad. Anyways but the place didn’t look anything like a government office n the service was real quick. We were out in about 15 mins flat in which I filled a form, got passport verified and was out with the receipt n date to collect my ARC.

Well then we went to the railway station, and there I was standing in front of a machine to buy a ticket!!! Its real fun to put in money n the machine giving the ticket as well as the change! I stay at Nakano and have to go to Roppongi hills so got to take 3 trains. The first ticket I bought was for the first 2 trains. To enter the station u need the ticket which when u insert at the door, only then the door opens. Once I m inside I can travel in trains as many times as I want as joyride! Well we took the ‘rapid’ – apoon ke Mumbai ka ‘fast’. We got off at the station- Shinjuku, took a local to Ebisu . Inside the train there are continuous announcements telling u next station, side of door that will open. So its not a problem at all n yes the announcements r in English along with Japanese. The only problem is reaching the correct line n getting into the rgt train. Well we alighted at the station here the machine at the door ate my ticket up. We walked over to another station to take the metro where I had to buy another ticket. The metro takes me to Roppongi Hills.

Finally I was there… Wow a high rise!!!! Wat an place! Its called Mori tower where I work n my office is on the 44th floor!!!! We got into the elevator n in a min I was at the 44th floor before I cud even bat n eyelid! Then it being my first at the client office, I met all the ppl there. It was really nice. For lunch went out to a Indian restaurant where I had lunch set. It consisted of unlimited chapattis n rice. Any drink (lassi, teat, coffee) + 1 big bowl + 1 small bowl. In the bowls we can ask for any dish. For big I asked for butter chicken n small aloo gobi. N the food was real yummy!!! Finally the desert was Gulab jamun!!! Enjoyed my lunch totally!

By evening(my 4 pm was really tired n sleepy. But still remained in office till 8:00. Finally came back home and I cud not tell one way from other at all!!!!!!!!!! On our way back ate at Mc Donalds! Well entered there n the menu was in Japanese! The lady there cud not understand wat we sayin! But luckily she handed us a English menu card and there was not much to choose from though, just 2 types of chicken burgers so salini took one n I the other. Finally back home my sleep was gone. Once again sleep time was 2:30!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment