Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Adventures with Food

The second day was real adventurous so was the night! I came home n sat to chat!!! Its obvious with whom... Salini had work so she was really busy n I had decided to cook dinner. Finally after chatting till late, I finally started cooking!!! I was planning to make pulav. I started only at 11:30 at night!!!! Then cut all vegetables n so by the time dinner was ready was 12:30. n finally we sat down to eat at 1:00!!!! That was one gr8 time to have dinner.

There is something with food since I have come here! Our very senior manager from NY is currently in Tokyo so we had a dinner party yday! We went to a Japanese restaurant! The ambience was real good. Then on the table were chopsticks n small porcelain bowls. We had choice of 3 types of lunch sets. Veg/ Veg chicken/ NonVeg. Indeed, chicken is veg out here. So as per the lunch set, one by one things started coming. I hardly know wat all I ate but I did try all the things! Liked some, some I just cud not tolerate! Tasted bland!!!

Wat I liked lot was bamboo shoots. N also cabbage leaves. Ya they served us whole cabbage leaves. We shud take them on plate, pour sauce on it n then eat it. But with the sauce it tastes real good. Then there was fried chicken; somewat like KFC but no masala, just salt. But it was ok. There there were chicken balls, they too tasted good!!!! real good. they were prepared in some type of sauce! After all this came the desert – ice cream. I was just waiting for it!!! N can u believe it was potato ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok ok just joking! But it tasted just like sweet potato! I … of all people, left it!!!!!!

Anyways… it was my first dinner with my entire team out here n it was a nice way for knowing them all!!! So all u out there… I didn’t yet have a chance to taste lizards n stuff though I did go to a Japanese restaurant lets c in future… will keep ya updated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment