Sunday, October 30, 2005

Akhibara - The Electronic market

Akhibara, a city of gadgets n gadget crazy junta. You name it and you will get it.

It was a week since I was in Japan and one decision I had taken while flying out here was 'never sit at home on weekends'. So here arrived the weekend with us scratching our heads over wat to do, that is of course after waking up which was at sometime best not discussed. But of course wat is the point of going anywhere if you do not have it captured with a photographic lens???

So we started out on acquiring the basic requirement of a camera! I wanted on small and handy little one using which I could go click click andwhere anytime. We had no idea of where this place was except that it was very close to the main Tokyo City. So we just took the train to Tokyo n lo n behold in the train we saw the map telling us to get off exactly 1 stop before Tokyo!

Great, there we were at the Akhibara station at 6:00 in the evening but the surroundings said another story. It looked as if it well over 9:00 pm! Okies, we were at the station but how to get to the market??? Well we are in Japan, a place where you never have any difficulty in getting help and hence we were easily directed! The market was just outside the station! Actually I guess the station was specially build to make it easy for shoppers of our kinds.

So started our tour of the place. So many shops, so many goods... There were multi-storeyed shops and smaller ones too. Competetive prices with offers encouraged shopping at one particular shop. Finally Salini found her choice. She went in for a small compact Sony T5. It is so slim, with 3x zoom. Very handy to carry, just like a mobile! I loved it at first sight but then the 3x did not apeal to me. I was looking for better one, so our search continued.

Walking around looking left and right, finally we came to a huge store LAOX and after looking at numerous models, all compact ones but with 3x finally I laid my hands on Sony DSC-H1. It was much more bulky but had 12x zoom!!! I asked for a demo and WOW I didnt think twice after that, just picked it up! I required couple of accessories, bag for it and memory stick. Got it all at an incredible price with special discount too. Finally I have got points on my card which I can use for future purchases :)

At the end of day, after walking around and looking at so many models we were really tired, but satisfied. Reached home happy n excited to try out our new hot shot cams.

No comments:

Post a Comment