Friday, November 18, 2005

Laura- Change of mind

Laura, a very aggressive business user was what the image we all had. I was really nervous about coming to Tokyo because was really nervous about her queries which are always numerous. I knew her scheduled departure to New York was November 17, 2005 and I was waiting for that day.

Soon after moving to Tokyo I saw her during my first meeting with the users. I was pretty nervous n barely looked in her direction. In the next few days I did have very limited conversations with her over phone regarding some work.

And finally I did meet her personally on November 17, 2005 at the dinner party in Roy's. This first encounter just left me wondering whether she was the same person all used to talk about. She was really sweet and very nice to talk to. Very jovial and like a small kid giggling and cracking jokes at every behest. I felt bad that I got to know her at the onset of her departure.

The next day I had a short meeting with her where again she was pretty serious n businesslike till we had all the points discussed n at the end of it back to the same Laura I had seen at the party previous day. To mark the
farewell we had a small cake cutting ceremony. Finally it was time to bade her good-bye. She did come down to our floor one last time before she left to meet all of us last time.

Perceptions are not to b built without personal touch... I learnt it that day n will keep it with me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment