Thursday, November 17, 2005

Diwali in Tokyo

Just wanted to tell u all about the Diwali here. It was my very first diwali away from home n was feeling a bit homesick but then unexpectedly got an invitation from my colleague, Anurag to visit him home :). My room-mate and me were more than happy and there we had a small pooja, a nice dinner and finally burst crackers!!! Btw we tried a computerized aarti and it flopped miserably so finally Anurag sang! Of course I didn’t try, didn’t want them to repent their decision to invite me….

Crackers indeed :) I had to strain my ears to hear a bit of noise. One of them did make some sound, bit more than others n Anurag’s daughter was in tears due to fright. I can imagine if she ever is in india for diwali wat will her state be.

And imagine already 1 month ahead... the place is getting all decked up for christmas, with all the shops decorated with Christmas trees and mistletoes n other decorations!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment